PC fails to boot when kinect is left plugged in USB port

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum PC fails to boot when kinect is left plugged in USB port

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  triwahyu 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I just built a new AR sandbox with an HP Pavilion power desktop. Everything works except that if I leave kinect (xbox360) connected to the PC when I boot or restart, the HP hangs at boot, displaying HP logo. If I don’t connect kinect, boot to linux, connect kinect, it works fine. If I boot to bios, browse the PC settings, and plug in kinect, bios freezes. I have turned off USB boot or secure boot and TPM etc. I searched the internet. My conclusion is that certain USB device will freeze certain bios firmware. I upgraded bios to the most recent version and that didn’t remove the problem.

I have tried 2 different kinect sensors and two power supplies. It’s very consistent. Don’t leave it plugged in if you wish to boot.

I counted 10 seconds is enough between pressing power button to boot and plugging in kinect. Are there any usb delay start adapters to physically connect a USB device with a delay? Googled it, only this post with no conclusion:

This problem seems common: certain usb device freezes certain bios. Anyone else having this issue with arsandbox? I suspect that the auto start scripts floating around here that occasionally results in non-responsive sensor has something to do with undesirable interaction of the kinect with bios. I’m interested in building a solution for arsandbox and beyond. Just wish to know if the problem is common enough to make an effort. My Dell never had this problem. Otherwise I might have given up on making arsandbox.

OK, here is the box I built to delay USB connection to the PC for 10 seconds so Kinect won’t be detected by bios and cause freezing.

Here is a photo of the adapter connected to the PC:

Inside the box are an arduino and a relay shield.

thank you so much harga iphone x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.