Per-pixel depth correction

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Per-pixel depth correction

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tomlava 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tomlava
    Participant

Thanks for all of this Oliver and contributors! I have a pre-owned Kinect 1414. I am doing the per-pixel depth correction calibration, and when I am about 40cm away from a flat vertical surface the depth view goes not to a solid black but to a black background with many splotches of color dancing about.

If I move the camera to about 25cm it goes solid black. I just wanted to know if anyone else has seen the black background with multi-flashing colors spots. I am a new Kinect owner and not sure if this is just a normal artifact or if my pre-owned camera has a problem.

Thanks
    Tom

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

The Kinect v1 has a set minimum scanning distance, and when you’re getting close to that distance, you will see points appearing or disappearing randomly, due to measurement errors. But once you move more than a few centimeters below the minimum distance, you should get a solid black depth image.

tomlava
    Participant

Thanks for the response, Oliver. I went ahead and followed your instructions in the videos and READ ME files and came up with a very good intrinsic calibration using the transparent checkerboard.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.