Portable Sandbox for High School

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Portable Sandbox for High School

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scruffyjoe 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rick
    Participant

I will be building a sandbox for my high school class. I need it to be albe to go through a standard size doorframe. If I build a detachable arm for the projector will there be significant focusing problms everytime it is taken off and reattached? I would alos like to know if there are recommendations for projectors.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Our AR Sandbox prototype, as shown on my web site, fits tightly through a standard door, with the projector/camera arm removed.

Whenever you remove/reattach the projector/camera arm, you have to re-aim the projector and camera (unless you have a mechanical means to ensure that both end up exactly the same as before), and re-run the full calibration procedure (4: measuring base plane, 5: measuring box extents, 7: projector calibration). With a bit of practice you can probably do that in five minutes, but it needs to be done.

We currently recommend the BenQ MX620 short-throw projector. Street price is around $530.

scruffyjoe
    Participant

I have put together an arm for the projector and kinect along with a sandbox. I want mine to be portable so I have used mechanical steel called UNISTRUT (Basically the LEGO of the industrial world). I can put everything together with just a 17 spanner.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.