Problem about not smooth video

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Problem about not smooth video

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mu
    Participant

Hello Dr. Oliver Kreylos,

Thanks a lot for your sharing AR Sandbox project,amazing job!
    I am following your installation step. However, after install Vrui toolkit(3.0-001) and Kinect(2.7), I find when I run “RawKinectViewer”, the captured view is not smooth, in fact it usually turns jammed and then static. But if I keep moving the mouse or touchpad, that situation doesn’t happend any more.
    4G memory
    integrated graphic card(Intel HD Graphics 3000)
    Software:
    Vrui toolkit(3.0-001) and Kinect(2.7)

Best Regards,
    Mu

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

We’ve been running into this problem with the Mesa OpenGL library, which is used to drive (some?) AMD/ATI graphics cards, and Intel’s integrated HD xxxx GPUs). I have not been able to replicate the problem as I don’t have access to any of those GPUs, and I don’t have an idea what could be causing it.

Could you do me a favor and update to the newest versions of the software (Vrui-3.1-002, Kinect-2.8-001, and SARndbox-1.5-001) and see whether the problem persists? Vrui is available via the regular download site, and I have links to the new Kinect and SARndbox packages in this thread. There are also updated detailed instructions in this thread.

mu
    Participant

Thx for your instant response.I have ever try to install the newest versions of the software(vrui-3.1-001 and 002, Kinect-2.8-001, and SARndbox-1.5-001). But Segamentation fault (core dumped) happened when I run ShowEarthModel(and others as well). Is the problem of my lower hardwares? So later I turn to an older version, then the problem of not smooth vedio came out. I will change another PC to have a try.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

At what exact point are you getting a segmentation fault when running ShowEarthModel?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.