Problem with "5. Build the Augmented Reality Sandbox"

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Problem with "5. Build the Augmented Reality Sandbox"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GG_MEDL
    Participant

I am getting errors while trying to install SARndbox-1.5. Specifically, the errors are in step 5, “Build the Augmented Reality Sandbox”

Here is the text from the Terminal after I enter “make”:
    (BEGIN QUOTE FROM TERMINAL)
    makefile:59: /home/ggmedl/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Configuration.Kinect: No such file or directory
    makefile:60: /home/ggmedl/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Packages.Kinect: No such file or directory
    Compiling CalibrateProjector.cpp…
    In file included from CalibrateProjector.cpp:23:0:
    CalibrateProjector.h:42:32: fatal error: Kinect/FrameBuffer.h: No such file or directory
    #include <Kinect/FrameBuffer.h>
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    make: *** [o/g++-3.g0.O3/CalibrateProjector.o] Error 1
    (END QUOTE FROM TERMINAL)

Before this, I changed
    VRUI_MAKEDIR := $(HOME)/Vrui-3.0/share/make
    to
    VRUI_MAKEDIR := $(HOME)/Vrui-3.1/share/make
    in the makefile because 3.1 is the version I have.

After I received the error, I tried simply pasting the “Configuration.Kinect” and “Packages.Kinect” files into the Vrui-3.1 directory. It did seem to solve these errors, but did not fix the issue with the “Kinect/FrameBuffer.h”.

Here is the text from the Terminal after I entered “make’ again:
    (BEGIN QUOTE FROM TERMINAL)
    Compiling CalibrateProjector.cpp…
    In file included from CalibrateProjector.cpp:23:0:
    CalibrateProjector.h:42:32: fatal error: Kinect/FrameBuffer.h: No such file or directory
    #include <Kinect/FrameBuffer.h>
    (END QUOTE FROM TERMINAL)

Could this be occuring because the Kinect camera is not connected yet? I will not have this till tomorrow evening. I cannot seem to figure this one out. Any ideas?

Has someone ever made a setup file that will load and configure the entire thing? The computer I am use is only going to be used for the sandbox, and there will not be separate users because I am planning on using this for an interactive exhibit. I am sure there are others that want to make a simple system like this as well.

Thanks

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

makefile:59: /home/ggmedl/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Configuration.Kinect: No such file or directory
    makefile:60: /home/ggmedl/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Packages.Kinect: No such file or directory

These two messages indicate that the Kinect package was not installed properly. After successfully running “make” in the Kinect package’s directory, you also need to run “make install.” This will copy the two indicated files into Vrui’s installation directory, and also copy all the other required files, such as FrameBuffer.h.

After running “make install” on the Kinect package, try running “make” on the SARndbox package again.

chas
    Participant

GG_MEDL,

I am now receiving the same error. What was your ultimate solution that solved it?

GG_MEDL
    Participant

The solution was exactly what Oliver gave in the previous post. I simply started over and followed the detailed instructions as close as possible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.