Problem with "Less than 0 Kinect devices found"

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Problem with "Less than 0 Kinect devices found"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ryanferber
    Participant

I am aware that this issue is listed in the common issues forum page, but my teacher and I are having a few more problems. We completed step 5 before running into errors with step 6. We have a projector, the box, and the computer that all work just fine. We also have a KINECT for Xbox One, and when we plug both the power and USB into their respective places, no lights turn on.

We have Linux Mint with MATE desktop dual booted with Windows, and when we boot into Windows, the Kinect is recognized.
    When we boot into Linux Mint, no lights turn on and as far as we can tell, the Kinect is recognized but it is not being utilized in any way. When we run lsusb, it says our keyboard, mouse, etc. and “Microsoft Corp.”

We know that Microsoft Corp. is the Kinect, obviously.

When we get to Step 6 of setting up the sandbox, and try to run “sudo /usr/local/bin/KinectUtil getCalib 0” the terminal window comes back with “Less than 0 Kinect devices found” or something of that sort. We did everything else perfectly and the results were great up until now.

Thank you for reading

Oliver Kreylos

Version 2.3 of the AR Sandbox code does not quite yet support the second-generation Kinect (Kinect-for-Xbox-One).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.