Problems with projector calibration due flicker problem

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Problems with projector calibration due flicker problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  liudr 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fdourado
    Participant

Dear,
    I’m in trouble due the flicker problem. Fortunately I did the plane calibration using a small area where the flickers didin’t happen. That works!!!!
    Now my problem is to calibrate the projector.
    With the flickers problem, during the calibration the system answer a follow error:
    Calibration error: Some tie points have negative projection weights. Please start from scratch
    Then I would like try adjust the projection “manually”. I don’t have other option due the flicker problem!
    Someone know where is the cfg file of projector calibration? someone could send me a exemple of this file?
    Thank-you!
    Best regards,
    Francisco

liudr
    Participant

Francisco,

What do you mean by “flickers”? I’ve had some issues with calibration but I thought maybe that’s because my Kinect was too far away. I got it closer and the calibration worked.

John

fdourado
    Participant

Dear John,
    I’ve solved the problem changing the computer. The older computer have no USB 3.0, when I changed the computer the flickers (the screen has been trembling, like as blurred) gone.
    Thank you,
    Francisco

liudr
    Participant

So are you saying that the flickering is probably due to the Kinect plugged in to a USB 2.0 port on your old computer? I read somewhere (maybe not the most updated info) that Kinect’s driver only works on USB 2.0 port or something. Can you confirm that you connected your Kinect to your new computer’s USB 3.0 port with “SS” symbol next to the port and blue plastic inside the socket? I’ve been looking for gaming laptops that still feature at least one UBS 2.0 port. Maybe I shouldn’t have.

John

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  liudr.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.