Projector image will not fill sandbox

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Projector image will not fill sandbox

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Built from kit. Using an MX631ST projector mounted at 40″ above 40″x 30″ box in line with camera – at a 16:9 aspect ratio, cannot get projected image to fill the box. Only 4:3 aspect ratio will provide an image to do that. How do I get to work according to the instructions?

Your 40×30 sandbox is a 4:3 ratio which is why the 16:9 will not work. If you projector is pushing a 16:9 ration change the linux desktop resolution to 1024×768 and see if that helps.

Thanks so much for the speedy reply! I’m using a system76 laptop (came with the kit) that is not giving me the option to change the resolution.

Oliver Kreylos

The only way to fill the sandbox is to increase the projection size. Changing the computer’s display resolution does not affect this. Try using the projector’s optical zoom wheel to increase image size until the box is filled vertically. This will lead to some overprojection over the sides, but that can be fixed later. If your zoom wheel is already at max, you’ll have to move the projector further back from the sand surface.

Once you fill the box, you continue with sandbox and projector calibration as usual.

Leave the projector at its native 16:9 resolution, or you will get ugly scaling artifacts.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.