Proper location of BoxLayout.txt

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Proper location of BoxLayout.txt

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gheermann 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gheermann
    Participant

This is my first post, so first, thanks to everyone in advance.
    I am at a small science museum in Aurora, IL. We built and installed a AR sandbox and I have been having a lot of problems with calibration. After a lot of failed attempts I discovered my directory with BoxLayout.txt was not being accessed, but only files in the “src” dir. So none of my changes were ever seen.
    My files were located in “~/SARndbox-1.5/etc/SARndbox-1.5/…”. Only when I overwrote the “src” files did things start to work.
    Where should my config files be located?

Thank, Gary

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

If you followed the default instructions, and did not install the SARndbox package after building it, i.e., if you did not run “make install,” then BoxLayout.txt needs to be put into ~/src/SARndbox-<version>/etc/SARndbox-<version> (assuming that ~/src is where you unpacked the source tarball).

If you did install, then it needs to be in the etc/SARndbox-<version> directory in the location where you installed to, e.g., /usr/local.

gheermann
    Participant

Thank you very much. I did the make some time ago and must not followed all the instructions. It’s a bit clumsy to have the config files in the src dir but it works and now I know why. If I get adventuresome I will go through the make process again and make sure I follow ALL directions.

We are going live tomorrow and I expect all the kids to be wow’d by the new exhibit.
    One more thing: Can you point me to information on starting the sandbox sw automatically on boot?

Thanks again, Gary

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Our instructions say not to install the SARndbox package, and run it from the source directory. It’s for simplicity’s sake.

Let me get back to you on the autostart question. We’ve set it up that way for our partner institutions, but I didn’t do it, and don’t know right now what strategy we used.

gheermann
    Participant

Thanks again. We ran the sandbox for the first time today and drew quite an audience.

I am going to open a new topic about autostart because I think it is of interest to more people.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.