Rain-dry button perform at inconsistent rates

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Rain-dry button perform at inconsistent rates

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mkaszuba 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

liudr
    Participant

I have experienced this for a while: when holding down the rain button (numeric key 1), the amount of rain that is added is not consistent from time to time. Sometimes it takes a while to add enough rain while other times a short press adds too much rain. I didn’t change any parameters on the GUI, just pressing and holding 1. Is it the correct method to control rain or should I repeatedly do short presses of 1 and expect the total rain amount to be proportional to the number of presses? Thanks.

mkaszuba
    Participant

Hi liudr, The GlobalWaterTool is used to make the whole table fill with water. The LocalWaterTool can be used to add water where the mouse pointer is. The rate is adjustable at the time of starting the application, but I do not believe it can be changed once you are in it. The command line switches you need use to adjust the speed of rain fall/evaporation are located here: https://arsandbox.ucdavis.edu/forums/topic/sandbox-command-line-switch-list/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.