RawKinectViewer flickering a lot – might be causing a calibration issue

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum RawKinectViewer flickering a lot – might be causing a calibration issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SandyMcBoatFace
    Participant

I’m running through the steps and with RawKinectViewer -compress 0 – doesn’t seem to behave properly. There is a lot of flickering on the screen that seems to be interfering with calibration. So much flickering that I noticed not one video of other folks screens do the same thing at all.

I have so far tried three different 1414 kinect cameras and two kinect ac adapters to see if that was it.

So far the common thread is the Ubuntu laptop – a Lenovo T60p which is decent speed with 4GB ram. Video is An ATI RV530 supported by Ubuntu 16.04. How do I rule out the USB or rule out a issue with the RawKinectViewer?

Are there other parameters for RawKinectViewer to help trouble shoot this.

When I do calibrate – target is way off.

SandyMcBoatFace
    Participant

I’m hoping someone can help out here. Does this look like it’s hardware based or driver/software related?

Bassfreeze
    Participant

I’m bumping this post.
    I have encountered the same problem but can’t find any solutions for it anywhere. So I’m hoping someone notices this post and responds with a solution!

BasSiebers
    Participant

SandyMcBoatFace, did you ever got a response. I’m having the same problem maybe Oliver has a solution.

Oliver Kreylos

Generally, flicker like this is caused by USB transmission errors, which could be due to faulty USB cables, not enough, or not stable enough, DC power for the USB device, or problems with the host PC’s USB controller.

Unfortunately, I don’t have suggestions on how to fix this when it occurs, short of replacing components until it goes away.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.