RawKinectViewer startup error help

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum RawKinectViewer startup error help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rog
    Participant

I’m trying to launch the RawKinectViewer to do the initial calibration with the squares and it fails. When I look at the window (~/src/SARndbox-2.3 $ RawKinectViewer -compress 0) I have this error message: VRWindow::VRWindow: Vertical retrace synchronization requested but not supported.

I probably need to get the drivers, but have found my Dell 13 may not have a good enough on board video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to figure this out on my own.

Regards, Rog

Oliver Kreylos

The retrace message is merely a warning, not an error. If calibration fails it must be for a different reason, with a different error message.

In general I recommend skipping intrinsic camera calibration and download the factory calibration instead (see step 6 in the installation instructions).

Rog
    Participant

Hi Oliver, thanks for the reply. I finally just went ahead and did the calibration. The sandbox is working fine, I just need to try and get the sea level lowered. That is not an issue currently because the kids at Petroglyph Elementary School in Albuquerque, NM are having a blast with it as is. I could send you pictures if you let me know how to attach files or I could send to your email address.

Oliver Kreylos

Measuring the sandbox base plane in the first calibration step will set zero elevation (“sea level”) to the average sand surface height in your box. You can adjust zero elevation up or down by changing the base plane’s offset in BoxLayout.txt; it’s the fourth number in the first row.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.