Sandbox 2.2

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Sandbox 2.2

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ryanwildevans 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ndscs.lscet
    Participant

I upgraded from 1.6 to 2.2, and I did the updates for Vrui and Kinect, but when I run 2.2 the surface is white with contour lines and there is no elevation colors. Also the water simulation does not work. I am still able to run 1.6 though. Any ideas on what went wrong or what I need to do?

sharned
    Participant

Try adding the -uhm switch when you run the SARndbox software. I saw the same thing when I took that switch out of the script I had run version 1.6 from.

I also noticed that the Rain Cloud function and Local Water Management do not seem to work. I am not sure whether I’ve set something wrong, or it’s a problem in the new version. Hope it gets fixed soon, we have a demo in about 10 days and I’d like to use version 2.2.

ndscs.lscet
    Participant

I was able to get it to work by uninstalling everything and reinstalling all of it, but when I ran it I could not make it rain with my hand but it would work when I used the water tool. As soon as I used my shortcuts for different shaders (which I did update to the new path) all the water went away and I cant get it back. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or is this a issue with the new release?

11tale
    Participant

I am having similar problems with 2.2. The color works when I use the -uhm switch, but I have not been able to make the rain cloud function work. I am able to get global rain by using the water tool. I do not experience any of these problems when running 1.6.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

I might have forgotten some default settings when updating to the new way of doing multi-window settings management.

To get the height color map as before, add -uhm to SARndbox’s command line.

To get rain working, please try adding -rer 20 100 to set the elevation range for rain clouds. Also, SARndbox 2.2 looks for a specific gesture to make rain: Hold out your hand flat above the terrain, ideally palm down, and spread all five fingers.

ndscs.lscet
    Participant

That worked great. Thanks for all your help and the great product you have created.

marco.afp
    Participant

Hi!

After the updated to 2.2 I’ve been using the command “./bin/SARndbox -uhm -fpv -rer 20 100” but the rain is still not working. Maybe the range is not right – how to set it?

Thanks a lot!

sharned
    Participant

Through experimentation on the 2.2 version, I have found that the -rer values are reversed and should be MAX MIN (not MIN MAX) so I use -rer 80 30 and it seems to work fine.

ryanwildevans
    Participant

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the most updated version once again. Every thing works great until I get to the point to make my shortcuts to the shaders and then the water goes away!

Even when I hit the flood button, nothing happens.

I have tried -rer 20 100 and -rer 80 30. Cant get the water back unless I uninstall and reinstall.

Has anyone found a fix for the Sandbox 2.3? Ugh! Thanks for any help!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.