Sandbox Does Not Refresh

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Sandbox Does Not Refresh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dantep
    Participant

Hello everyone,

After issues discussed in various other posts, I was finally able to get a Xbox 360 Kinect and adapter in hopes to fix the inverted depth image/coloring with the Xbox One version. I have plugged in my Xbox 260 Kinect and decided to run the Sandbox application before redoing the calibration to make sure that the issue I was having was fixed. It appears that it is since I can run the Sandbox application with -uhm and -fpv and I get a colored image. However, when I move my camera around or walk in front of it, the image does not actively refresh. Most of the time it acknowledges that the scene has changed and proceeds to change the color on some portion of the screen but the old coloring remains and the image quickly deteriorators into blobs of colors that no longer accurately represent the depth for that space. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this issue? I am not sure if it has to do with the calibration and maybe will be fixed upon doing so but the lack of the image “refreshing” has me concerned it is another issue. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sean Robinson
    Participant

I’m glad to read you can try out an older Kinect. I’m interested in the differences you experience between the two models. I have two reactions to your post:

1) there is a 1 second (default) delay in the sandbox software. To avoid reacting to transient objects (like moving hands), only things that are stable for more than 1 second are included in the rendered output.

2) could you post sample images or video of what you are seeing?

dantep
    Participant

Hi Sean,

It appeared to just be an issue before calibration. Once everything was calibrated to the new (old model) Kinect, my sandbox finally runs perfectly! Thank you for all your advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.