Sandtastik Sand Usage

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Sandtastik Sand Usage

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ChristianP 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ChristianP
    Participant

Hey guys, I have a sandbox that I’ve been struggling to maintain a good “consistency” if you would with the sand. I have been adding a cup of water for the 200lb of sand, however it seems to last a variety of time in being able to be kind of molded. Sometimes it lasts a coupe hours, another time it lasted a day. I was just curious if anyone here had maybe had this issue and had fixed it. I’ve kind of been looking at using another kind of sand like Kinetic but If this works I would rather use this sand.

Thanks in advance!

eclipsegeo
    Participant

Hi ChristianP,

We are using Sandtastik and find that it can take a lot of water. We dump about 1 Litre of water into the sand if we are doing a demonstration that lasts a full day. Even then it really depends on the humidity in terms of how long the sand holds the moisture. Be mindful that if you add water to the sand it will expand in volume quite a bit.
    We usually move the sand in 4 50 lb buckets but when wet we need a 5th bucket to accommodate the volume.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  eclipsegeo.

ChristianP
    Participant

Thanks Eclipse, It is in a place where kids are aloud to play with it all day. I’ll look at adding more water and seeing how well that works but if you have any other tips i’d love to hear it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.