SARndbox-2.5 colorMap fifo not updating

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum SARndbox-2.5 colorMap fifo not updating

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sfranzyshen
    Participant

I have updated to SARndbox-2.5 Vrui-4.5 and Kinect-3.6 … everything is working as expected except changing the color map doesn’t refresh (update) after echoing to the fifo …

/bin/SARndbox -uhm -fpv -cp share/SARndbox-2.5/Control.fifo

echo "colorMap Mars.cpt" >/home/sandbox/src/SARndbox-2.5/share/SARndbox-2.5/Control.fifo

no errors are returned but no color map changes take place … and if I exit out of the sandbox and restart it the color map echoed (before exiting) has been changed … is there a new command to refresh after sending colorMap??

sfranzyshen
    Participant

I also tried using fully qualified names … still not working … I can see quite a bit of code changes from 2.3 to 2.5 in regards to Sandbox::frame in Sandbox.cpp … can anyone confirm or rule out that the colorMap fifo command works (in real time) in 2.5 ??

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

What’s the output from

ls -l /home/sandbox/src/SARndbox-2.5/share/SARndbox-2.5/Control.fifo

?

sfranzyshen
    Participant
    ls -l /home/sandbox/src/SARndbox-2.5/share/SARndbox-2.5/Control.fifo
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 sandbox sandbox 27 Sep 21 19:45 /home/sandbox/src/SARndbox-2.5/share/SARndbox-2.5/Control.fifo
    Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Based on your output, Control.fifo is a regular file and not a fifo. You need to remove the file, and create a named pipe of the same name:

rm /home/sandbox/src/SARndbox-2.5/share/SARndbox-2.5/Control.fifo
    mkfifo /home/sandbox/src/SARndbox-2.5/share/SARndbox-2.5/Control.fifo
    sfranzyshen
    Participant

I’m so embarrassed … that was right in my face the whole time … thank you so very much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.