Search button for forums search?

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Search button for forums search?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mvmurphy
    Participant

Hello All – some questions:

– Can’t find a search option/button for forums – does one exist? (maybe my browser is an issue?)

– If I have a fairly standard configuration, is calibration required for the sandbox to function properly?

– Does an option exist for playing sound to accompany rain simulation?

Thanks for any support you can give.

Sean Robinson
    Participant

Can’t find a search option/button for forums – does one exist? (maybe my browser is an issue?)

I don’t know of a search option on this site. I use my usual search engine and add site:arsandbox.ucdavis.edu at the end to ask for only things found on this site.

If I have a fairly standard configuration, is calibration required for the sandbox to function properly?

Some calibration is needed so that the software knows how to match the camera input to the projector output to the box. If you have a Kinect V1 like I do, I strongly recommend Step 6a. It’s a one-time calibration and it has given me a much more accurate and stable configuration.

Steps 8, 9, and 11 should be done after each major change. My sandbox is on a cart with an extension arm for the camera and projector. Once I get the cart in position and raise the camera/projector, I may do a repeat of these three steps (sometimes it is not needed). Even while I am training someone to setup the box and calibrate it, the process takes less than 20 minutes for a full calibration. Watch Oliver’s video. With a little practice, you’ll get fast.

Does an option exist for playing sound to accompany rain simulation?

Sorry, I don’t know. Maybe someone else here has done this?

mvmurphy
    Participant

Thanks much for the great info.

With the search string you recommended I was able to get a lot of questions answered…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.