Settings to reduce mapping hand as sand

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Settings to reduce mapping hand as sand

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

noopara
    Participant

One question I have is related the the height of the hand over the box. If my hand is held low, the software thinks my hand is the surface of the sand and maps it white which obscures the image on the sand. I am guessing that the setting of -rer 10 110 might not be quite correct. What setting should I use so that a hand held over the top won’t be color mapped as snow? Is this a result of the way I calibrated?

I have also noticed that the hand rain cloud favors the right hand held palm down. If I use my left had palm down it doesn’t work very well. If I turn my left hand palm up, it works the same as my right hand palm down.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Your hand being handled as terrain is not a part of the rain detector, but part of basic AR Sandbox operation. Any object that is below the maximum elevation (usually defined by the maximum elevation in the color map file) and does not move for the duration of the low-pass stability filter (1s by default) is treated as terrain.

In other words, if you don’t want your hand to be treated as terrain, either hold it above the maximum elevation defined in your color map, or don’t hold it still for one second or more.

The rain detector is ambidextrous, but there might be other issues at play. Are you wearing a ring on your left hand? The Kinect has problems picking up reflective surfaces.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.