Sharing my modifications

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Sharing my modifications

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  tunnelbauer 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bakelew4953
    Participant

I have been working on SARndbox modifications for my University SARndbox. The modifications I have are:
    – Export sandscape to XYZ ascii format (point cloud)
    – Raise/lower the color height map using keyboard
    – Decrease/increase the contour line interval using keyboard
    – Toggle the water simulation using the keyboard
    – Toggle through available color height maps within the configuration directory
    – Extras: different color schemes, and a relatively reliable startup script

I appreciate this project and all the hard work Oliver/UCDavis has put in, and want to give at least something back. So if anybody would like to use these, feel free to contact me and I can provide the extra files and help you with setting them up. If you are running SARndbox version 2.3 (r2), it should just be a matter of copying the additional files and re-running make.

fdourado
    Participant

Hi, Could you send me this extra file with the instructions to re-running?
    What is your contact?
    Thanks
    Francisco

bakelew4953
    Participant

There are multiple files, for each of the mods above.
    Would you like all of them, or any particular one?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  bakelew4953.

SFulton
    Participant

Why not set up a github with your modified source directory? It is free and anyone wanting to your source could then get it without contacting you. I am also interested in your modification as I was hoping to do similar changes later this summer for the sandbox at University of Wisconsin – La Crosse.

bakelew4953
    Participant

I do have a git repository with my entire sandbox setup — the repo itself contains all the source for Vrui and Kinect libraries as well.

josh78
    Participant

Thanks for sharing your modifications. We ‘ll test it.

GrantWells
    Participant

Brilliant, thanks for sharing the code – I’ll have a go at this next week and report back. Much appreciated.

rgds
    Grant

bakelew4953
    Participant

Cool! Would be good to know how it runs, as I have not tested it on other PCs.

SFulton
    Participant

Looks great. Thanks for the hard work and sharing.

bakelew4953
    Participant

Bump

tunnelbauer
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m just wondering if there wasn’t a download-link to the modifications in this thread (dropbox-link) or was it somewhere else?

In general – I installed one month ago a sandbox including these modifications and it works great. Even when it was a little bit tricky for me, due to a recent update of the vrui and the sandbox-software itself – but I got it managed and just wanted to say thank you to your great work!

The sandbox is running right now with three buttons (because this was the intended purpose)
    Button 1: Flooding
    Button 2: Drying
    Button 3: Cycling through the different colormaps (“Vegetation of alpine regions”, “UV-Index”, “Airpressure” and “Temperature”)

Thanks to you and Oliver for this masterpiece of Kinect-Hacking!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.