Simulating Hydrocarbons – Oil/Gas

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Simulating Hydrocarbons – Oil/Gas

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

I was wondering if it would be possible to alter the nature of the water code such that it would flow from an area of low topographic relief to an area of high topographic relief (Basically upwards rather than down). I am looking a using the AR Sandbox as a teaching aid to help people visualise how oil or gas would migrate into a into a hydrocarbon trap, ultimately producing a economically viable hydrocarbon accumulation.

Unfortunately, I have no previous experience with coding, let alone altering and customising another person’s work. In light of this, a simple (dumbed down) response would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Oliver Kreylos

This should be pretty straightforward. The magnitude (and sign) of gravity is an element variable of the WaterTable2 class. Open WaterTable2.cpp in a text editor, make the value of g negative in line 318 (g=9.81f;), and re-build the AR Sandbox package. That should do the trick.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.