Step 11 & 12 Issues

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Step 11 & 12 Issues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

zilcho
    Participant

I’m at step 11 following the complete instructions but when I run: ./bin/CalibrateProjector -s 1024 768 I get the following error: Terminated CalibrateProjector due to exception: IO::StandardFile: Unable to open file /etc/SARndbox-2.5/BoxLayout.txt for reading due to error 2 (No such file or directory)

I checked the inside etc/SARndbox-2.5/ and the file is there, already done the previous step and updated it also.

if I try to run ./etc/SARndbox-2.5/BoxLayout.txt I get a permission denied error.

So I’m a bit confused if the problem is that it actually can’t find the file or if it’s permission related.

Just for funsies I tried the last step to see what happens when I try to run: ./bin/SARndbox -uhm -fpv but then I get:
    Terminated Sandbox due to exception: Misc::File: Error opening file /etc/SARndbox-2.5/SARndbox.cfg in mode r

So afteer spending a fair bit of time google and reading here on the forum I have to concede defeat and ask for assitance. 🙂

bwbingham
    Participant

I had the same problem with steps 11 and 12. So close to the end and then I received this when trying to run the AR Sandbox Application:

ben@ben-OptiPlex-745:~$ cd ~/src/SARndbox-2.5
    ben@ben-OptiPlex-745:~/src/SARndbox-2.5$ ./bin/SARndbox -uhm -fpv
    Unable to load projector transformation from file /home/ben/src/SARndbox-2.5/etc/SARndbox-2.5/ProjectorMatrix.dat due to exception IO::StandardFile: Unable to open file /home/ben/src/SARndbox-2.5/etc/SARndbox-2.5/ProjectorMatrix.dat for reading due to error 2 (No such file or directory)
    Vrui: Caught exception glLinkShader: Error “error: Too many vertex shader texture samplers
    ” while linking shader program while initializing rendering windows

Is problem similar?

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

IO::StandardFile: Unable to open file /etc/SARndbox-2.5/BoxLayout.txt for reading due to error 2 (No such file or directory)

Does it write exactly this, i.e., is there a slash (“/”) before the “etc” in the filename? If so, something went wrong while building the AR Sandbox code, and it is looking for files in the wrong place. This should not happen. Did you modify the makefile in any way before building? Most importantly, does line 39 say

INSTALLDIR := $(PWD)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.