Step 4: Ar Software download problem

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Step 4: Ar Software download problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    redrom
    Participant

I was following the tutorial for the complete installation instructions, and was at the point of copying and pasting the first lines.
    cd ~ had no problem when I typed it in, however when I typed:

wget http://idav.ucdavis.edu/~okreylos/ResDev/Vrui/Build-Ubuntu.sh

the command prompt failed to connect to the url to download the software. on the video, he clicks enter and it instantly boots through and he types in the next line, but my computer never gets past it. It loads for around 5 minutes, then returns that the command failed because the connection timed out, and then retries, only to fail again. Is the website down? is there any way for me to get the software from a different location? i have a deadline for a presentation so i need to figure this out soon. all help is appreciated, thanks

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

The web server serving idav.ucdavis.edu went down a few hours ago. It’s managed by our IT staff, so it will probably take until tomorrow morning to come back up.

redrom
    Participant

Thanks. It looks like the site is still down. We will keep an eye on it. Please let us know if there is a mirror site. We are hoping to get this sandbox running for a STEM career day on Friday. We just finished building it but unfortunately we waited to install the program until after we finished construction. And by Murphy’s Law, the server went down so we missed our opportunity.

redrom
    Participant

The site is still down. I emailed the UC Davis Web Chief Compliance Officer, Wendi Delmendo, but I’m not sure she would be the best IT contact. Is there an alternate way to get the program installed?

redrom
    Participant

It’s back up. Thanks!!!

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Server is back up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.