Strange problems

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Strange problems

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  OllyFox 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sylvestera47
    Participant

This is my 3rd sandbox I have built, but this ones acting odd. All the surfaces are very distorted. I will include picture.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0_aU1CVMv2NR0plaFlpM2FfMTA

sylvestera47
    Participant

I switched projector and all is well

I guess some projectors don’t work well with sandbox

sylvestera47
    Participant

Well, the problems remain….but maybe not – I think I just need some clarification:

I set up the sandbox just like I have twice before, but the image is distorted under -fpv elongated object images, and huge spikes at the edge of the box, and black patches in the center of the box.

BUT — if you push sand into the dark patch, it changes color…AND, if you slowly and gently twist the kinect along its’ long axis, gradually the spikes disappear and the sand surface almost clears up…but no quite.

AND…if you lower the Kinect by a foot or so, that seems to help….or adding 20 or so to the camera space equation.

So…check my thinking: There is an absolute maximum height for the kinect, and the sensor element must be as close to horizontal in x, and y….add to that the fact that the projector must be in 4:3 aspect ratio with manual keystone….

Do I understand correctly?

Also – is there a way to reduce the zoom in non -fpv mode besides the click wheel on the mouse…the intervals between clicks are a tad too large…if I could get a half-click…..well…

WTCSR
    Participant

Your google drive link requires permission

OllyFox
    Participant

I had that when my Kinetic camera was too low. Make sure it’s 40″ high

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.