Time Committment?

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Time Committment?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    johughes
    Participant

My company is a partner-in-education with our local school district in southern Ohio. They have asked us to supply the labor for building one of these. I am trying to get one or two other folks together for this and am trying to decide whether I should ask my boss whether he would allow company time to build this or if we will have to put all of our time in outside of working hours.

How long did it take you to plan, build, and set your sandbox up? What took the most time?

I know my boss and coworkers will want to know how long it will take in order to decide whether to help me.

Lee White
    Participant

Hi Jo,
    Once we had the materials it took me about a full day and a half to actually make the box (I think my time served as a cabinet maker helped haha). I worked out the measurements backwards from the with of a Full sheet of 8×4 marine ply, i.e. how far our projector would need to be away from the bed to fill the area. Then from that you can work out the height of the projector support and everything else around it.
    Top tip, make sure the underside of the bed has some support in the centre, 120kg of moist sand will eventually deform it.
    It took us longest to source the sand than anything else.
    Lee.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Lee White.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.