Two images in RawKinectViewer are different

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Two images in RawKinectViewer are different

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Azure
    Participant

In many guide video shows the color image and the depth image have the same size and shape, they were both rectangle. But in my case, the depth image was much smaller then depth image and wasn’t a rectangle. Is it matter?

By the way, why i get a feedback as “Terminated CalibrateProjector due to exception: IO::StanderdFile: Unable to open file /etc/SARndbox-2.4/Boxlayout.txt for reading due to error 2 (No such file or directory)” when i run ” CalibrateProjector “. I check that the file Boxlayout.txt was exist.

Thanks.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

In the first-generation Kinect, both the depth and color stream are 640×480 pixels. In the second-generation Kinect, the depth stream is 512×424, and the color stream is 1920×1080. Hence the different image sizes. In addition, the second-generation Kinect has lens distortion correction coefficients for the depth camera, which is why the depth image is not rectangular.

Regarding the second problem: /etc/… is a strange location for the AR Sandbox configuration files. They’re usually in /home/<username>src/SARndbox-2.4/etc/SARndbox-2.4 unless you changed the makefile. Check that the files have correct permission.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.