Two screens questions

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Two screens questions

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lingthay 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lingthay
    Participant

Now we succeeded config this program under this forums construct. Now before we will start Batch production, our customers want us to add annother screen to create a multi-display system.The second display starts the SARndbox, and the first display hanged on wall will starts the control application which is used to changing the water to snow or adding water and dry tool. can i just to config the vrui.cfg to let the SARndbox to start at my second display?

chuck.sieck
    Participant

Batch production? I hope you aren’t selling these things :/

Anyways yes editing the cfg files as described by Dr. Kreylos in the thread below should get you started.

Instructions

Lingthay
    Participant

why aren’t selling? it’s a good thing, or do you mean this has some harms to our customer? We here have produced more than ten SARndboxs and have sold some to schools. If all school used this product, that’s a great thing for everybody here, our boss earn the money to produce more and more,cheaper and cheaper. I’d like all you supports me, i am working in factory to covert all science to really products to feedback all popular all over the world who support our science research with their taxes.

chuck.sieck
    Participant

I’m simply saying that you are taking a FREE software and charging for it, not cool in my opinion but it really is Dr. Kreylos’ opinion on this that truly matters, best of luck

Lingthay
    Participant

but we buy some material and computer , many testing work and teaching, we need to get back some costs and we will try to comply with GNU GPL to put the source code within the PC machine sold. even though, we just only keep the struggling for feeding our stomach, if Dr.Kreylos’ don’t allowed to sell, i would like to leave my office to looking for another job.

David
    Participant

well I´m with chuck, you are profiting from the work of somebody else who is publishing it for free. I would suggest thinking about donating part of your profits, say 50$ per Box, thats still a really cheap price to pay for this fantastic piece of software and it would accelerate the development of new features, which will help you too. And about your question: starting a window automatically can be done within linux. Perhaps hire an IT major to figure it out for you.

@chuck I would not say that selling these is necessarily a bad thing, it will allow many schools to get the benefits of this sandbox even if they can´t find a teacher with the skills/will to build one themself. I would however expect that this company gives back to the developer and the community with donations or by publishing their own improvements to the system.

greetings,
    David

liudr
    Participant

David,

I am with you. I produce and maintain open-source projects as well, software and hardware. Once in a while I get $5 to $20 donations from people I don’t know! It’s not really what I have to get but that’s what’s reminding me that people value my contribution. A post on my blog saying that my stuff is useful would be nice too. A small monetary donation per unit sold, helping noobs getting started with their own build, spreading the word, contributing to the source code… Anything helps I suppose. That’s why I’m here. I built two prototypes and my son loves playing with the sandbox! I’m also writing a proposal to make more units for water resources education in my state.

Lingthay,

It’s a wonderful tool! I can’t speak for Dr. Kreylos but I thought that more units means more science education and more people care about science and environment. I’d say it’s good for you!

John

Lingthay
    Participant

how to donate? That’s a really question disturbed me so long, i cannot find on in this forum.if no further development, my company’s customers don’t like this project, at last they won’t buy this box.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.