Unexpected screen after software installation

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Unexpected screen after software installation

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

takleung
    Participant

Hi,

When executing “RawKinectViewer -compress 0”, my screen camera can display at right hand side correctly. But left hand side sensor only display white screen but not green result. Anyone knows how to solve the problem?

When compiling “Kinect-3.3.tar.gz”, I found some warming message came out. Not sure related the problem at all.

Thanks,
    Ray

takleung
    Participant

I would like here to provide screen shot! Hope this help

Error screen shot

liudr
    Participant

Is this a Kinect for xbox one? I went down this route only to find the image to look like this (with actual depth map but warped) and arsandbox couldn’t understand the data format to make use of it.

xrlib
    Participant

Was anyone able to determine a fix for this particular issue? I’m running Kinect-3.4 and this issue is still present using an xbox one kinect.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

The Kinect-for-Xbox-One is a primadonna, which is one reason why we don’t recommend using it. The two I have work reliably with Kinect-3.4 and Kinect-3.5, but I have not tried any others myself.

Do you get any error or warning messages when starting RawKinectViewer, such as buffer under-/overflows or USB stalls? If that, try using different USB ports.

Pbarron
    Participant

Hi,

I am also getting this error with my Kinect for Xbox One.

I’ve tried it with two setups: (Kinect-3.3 and Vrui-4.3-001) and (Kinect-3.5 and Vrui-4.5-002). I get no other messages when I launch RawKinectViewer in either setup. Only once did I get a message with the newer software versions, but accidentally closed the window before copying it — it had to do with being unable to do something with jpeg data. Sorry that’s not too helpful! I’ve also tried it in different USB ports as well, to no avail. Any advice?

Pete

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

There are sometimes issues when starting a new color stream on the Kinect v2, resulting in warnings from the JPEG library. But those normally don’t affect operation, and are independent of the depth stream.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.