USB problems with Kinect

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum USB problems with Kinect

This topic contains 33 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  FoleyPhoto1 5 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

XueYiheng
    Participant

I met these problem

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’
    what(): Kinect::Camera::Camera: Less than 0 Kinect camera devices detected

My Kinect is Version2, and i try to update my Kinect, SARndbox, Vrui to Kinect-3.4, SARndbox-2.4, Vrui-4.4-001.
    It works when I finished step 6 and I could also work RawKinectViewer.

FoleyPhoto1
    Participant

Hi, I desperately need some help as I am trying to put this Sandbox together for an important trade show and it is not recognizing the Kinect. I am operating on the latest version of Mint, and am using the USB 2.0 slot, and am getting a slow flashing green light (I believe I am using the proper power adapter that I purchased with it). I even bought two of the Kinects and the power adapters in case one failed for some reason. Anyhow, here is the info I am receiving after the lsusb command:

kevin@AR-Sandbox ~/src/SARndbox-2.4 $ lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 024: ID 04f2:1459 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 8087:0aa7 Intel Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:0153 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Mass Storage Device
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0461:4e67 Primax Electronics, Ltd
    Bus 001 Device 026: ID 045e:02b0 Microsoft Corp. Xbox NUI Motor
    Bus 001 Device 025: ID 0409:005a NEC Corp. HighSpeed Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

But then, after I enter this command:

kevin@AR-Sandbox ~/src/SARndbox-2.4 $ sudo /usr/local/bin/KinectUtil getCalib 0

I get this error:

Could not download calibration data from Kinect 0

I tried running this command just to see what happens:

kevin@AR-Sandbox ~/src/SARndbox-2.4 $ RawKinectViewer -compress 0

And I get this error:

Terminated RawKinectViewer due to exception: Kinect::openDirectFrameSource: Less than 0 3D cameras connected to local host

Does anyone have any ideas? I went through this whole thread and can’t seem to find anyone that is having a similar problem with a fix. Any help or suggestions from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thx

rizog
    Participant

I’m facing the same problem guys.

FoleyPhoto1
    Participant

Hey Rizog,

What ultimately fixed it for me? I bought 4 USB power supplies to have backups, and the 1st 2 that I tried powered on the Kinect, but for some reason did not function properly. Because I was seeing it power on, I thought the power supply was functioning, but it wasn’t. I even took them all to a Microsoft store to test them.. the 1st 2 were bad, and the 3rd one we tried worked. So, the take away is that even if you are seeing the proper green light flashing, the power supply might be defective. I had 2. Let me know if I can help further.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.