Using the video camera on Kinect to watch sandbox

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Using the video camera on Kinect to watch sandbox

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kjv
    Participant

Is it at all possible to use the video camera on the Kinect to have a live view of what is happening in the sandbox. Ideally it would be nice to have a separate screen showing what is going on in the sandbox so a larger group can partake. Any resources on how to make this happen? Thanks.

Noriel_Sylvire
    Participant

I don’t have access to the computer where my instante of SARndbox is installed right now so I can’t test this but you could try to open a second terminal on that other screen and execute `cd ~/src/SARndbox-YOURVERSION
    RawKinectViewer -compress 0`

This should open the an instance of the RawKinectViewer which has both realtime depth camera and color camera. To move the view, use the same controls as in SARndbox app; hold z and move the mouse to move the view, hold z+lclick to change the zoom.

The problem is I think you can only open one app using the same camera at a time, so I don’t think this will work, but anyways give it a try!

If it doesn’t work, you can always use a normal camera if you want to show what is on the sandbox.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

If you want to show a secondary view of the sand surface, you can open a secondary window as described in the installation instructions, step 19.

Unfortunately, there is no way right now to show a live video feed, including the hands etc. of all users, from the Kinect’s color camera.

up9i
    Participant

Hi Oliver, I followed the steps and stucked at projector calibration, its always showed natural image (color camera) rather than depth camera. https://drive.google.com/file/d/10pZJ-aRKRW0OgQvL3qewHgiEcLYwaCeD/view?usp=drivesdk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.