Very New to this

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Very New to this

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angelo 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Angelo
    Participant

Hello all,

I work for a school district in upstate NY. A teacher saw a video about the AR Sandbox and decided it would be great to build one, they put me in charge of doing the computer aspect of it but I am super new to Linux. After watching the video on how to install Linux Mint and the first steps to installing the software I am on hold till they build the sandbox, (just told it’s ready) I was wondering if you can help this newb, I was wondering if any of you use a script to start the ar sanbox software? I am going to try to calibrate it today and do you have any tips?
    Thank you

elisek
    Participant

Hi,
    If you mean after setting it up how to run it quickly I created a desktop launcher (shortcut) which is linked to the binary file and means I don’t have to run it from the terminal every time I want to use it. Right-click on the desktop and press create new launcher here… and then in command simply navigate to the bin/SARndbox file and make sure to append extra commands at the end (i.e. -fpv -uhm and whatever else you want to change).

If you’re going to be moving it to different places it might be worth making similar launchers for the calibration programs as well as the kinect/projector can move in transit.

I also have a little external usb keyboard with a laser pointer. I set up keys to work with different calibration input keys and Sandbox options (eg. dry rain) and use the usb keyboard when calibrating so that I don’t get sand on the computer. The instructions for configuring the file are in here.

Angelo
    Participant

Thank you so much, I will try this!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.