Vrui-3.1- can't find

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Vrui-3.1- can't find

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  whitm2sj 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

whitm2sj
    Participant

In step 4, the the make command is giving me an error. It says:
    makefile:71: /home/sandbox/Vrui-3.1/share/make/SystemDefinitions: No such file or directory
    makefile:72: /home/sandbox/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Packages.System: No such file or directory
    makefile:73: /home/sandbox/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Configuration.Vrui: No such file or directory
    makefile:74: /home/sandbox/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Packages.Vrui: No such file or directory
    makefile:238: /home/sandbox/Vrui-3.1/share/make/BasicMakefile: No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target `/home/sandbox/Vrui-3.1/share/make/BasicMakefile’. Stop.

I looked through my files and I do have a VRUI-4.1 folder that was installed as a result of the ‘wget http://idav.ucdavis.edu/~okreylos/ResDev/Kinect/Kinect-2.8-002.tar.gz‘ command. I am assuming this is an update to 3.1 but I do not know how to update the file names in the make command to fix this.

What should I do?
    -Shelley

Branson
    Participant

The makefile which is called by make, make install and make installdevrule has not been updated to reflect the change in directory structure with the updated Vrui 4. You can change it by editing the makefile in the Kinect directory. I am still working through all of the issues posed by this and will post what I did when I have it working.

Branson

whitm2sj
    Participant

Thanks!

halfpress
    Participant

I had the same problem last night building our first AR Sandbox. I poked around in the Makefiles and corrected the references, but also had to deal with other package dependencies that were failing. Despite installing the missing libraries manually (stock Linux Mint 18 box), it still failed and I had to remove the two references from the dependencies list. This resolved those issues, but I think I immediately ran into other issues from the compiler immediately.

For the time being, I just fell back to the newest Vrui-3.1 release to get the job done and our sandbox is up and running. I have more tweaking to do – physically and otherwise – but it’s working shockingly well.

whitm2sj
    Participant

Thanks for the advise. I did try downloading Vrui 3.1 but that did not work. Could you explain how you did it? I have very little programming experience so this is a challenge for me.

Lingthay
    Participant

4.2 missing missing BathymetrySaverTool.h file while compiling in SARndbox dir

Lingthay
    Participant

and i Removed the error sentence in source code, then compiling past.but when after starting SARndbox, it apeares all white color.

whitm2sj
    Participant

Hi Branson,
    Have you made any progress with the update? I still have not been able to solve the problem on my own.

I appreciate the help.
    -Shelley

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.