Welcome to the AR Sandbox Forum!

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Welcome to the AR Sandbox Forum!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the quick reply! Can you post info on how to enable lava flow ?

ajy00
    Participant

Probably best to start here https://arsandbox.ucdavis.edu/forums/topic/usb-button-solution/#post-103570 which is an old thread on setting up buttons in place of keyboard functions and links to the scripts used for changing effects

Alistair
    River Wey Trust

BrianKMay
    Participant

Hello Friends, I am a tenth standard student and having great interest in software specifically in computers. This post helped me a lot to understand AR sandbox. Thanks a lot for giving this knowledge.

Nt15081994
    Participant

The Rawkinect viewer is giving images in strips onerlapping each other and showing fluctuations

Sean Robinson
    Participant

Are you seeing something like the video in this post?

Are there any error/warning messages in the terminal window where you started RawKinectViewer?

Nt15081994
    Participant

Sir,
    Yes i will post an image of the video I’m getting, the disturbance are more and strips of images keep flickering
    I have a lenovo L340 gaming laptop running ubuntu 18.0 on a virtual machine software
    There are no messages on the terminal when i run the RawKinectviewer
    Should i try using the xbox kinect in windows to check the hardware of kinect and its wires
    Thank you for your help
    Best wishes from
    India

ajy00
    Participant

Hi
    I think your basic problem is using a VM. Vrui and the associated software talk directly to the graphics card, which VM won’t handle,

AJ

Sean Robinson
    Participant

I agree with @AJ that your display problems probably come from using a virtual machine. Think of the sandbox as a high-end video game that needs to send and receive massive amounts of data each second.

I assume you’re using Ubuntu in a VM on Windows. Could you instead install Ubuntu on a second partition and dual boot?

Nt15081994
    Participant

Thank you so much everyone for helping me out
    @Aj I would like to know if there is a VM software which does use your graphic card
    @sean can you please enlighten me about second place partition and dual boot
    Respect and best wishes
    From India🇮🇳

Sean Robinson
    Participant

I would like to know if there is a VM software which does use your graphic card

VM software may give access to your graphics card. But that access will have security and translation layers that disable some things and slow down the software running in the VM. These older posts explain the problem: post 1, post 2, post 3.

can you please enlighten me about second place partition and dual boot

This is a bit of an advanced topic. Try searching for dual boot windows and linux in your favorite search engine. You will find articles and videos that will explain the needed steps.

As a general idea: Windows uses space on a hard drive (HD); one can free space on the HD in which to install Ubuntu; with two operating systems (OS) installed, one can select the OS to use during the computer’s start-up. So, reboot into Ubuntu to use the AR Sandbox software and reboot into Windows for your other needs.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.