What are the issues within a VM?

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum What are the issues within a VM?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dantep
    Participant

Hello,

I am working on a research project and we are going to be setting up a AR Sandbox. The original plan was to have me (the main software guy in our lab) set it up on a virtual machine so I could develop remotely (due to COVID-19 restrictions on our campus). However, I found from the instructions it says it cannot be run in a VM and in the Common Issues thread it says that it does not function properly. I cannot find anywhere what the actual issues are and how much they would affect my initial set up and progress. The lead time for a PC at my university is a few weeks and I really need to get started sooner. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dantep
    Participant

I realized that no direct access to the NVIDIA graphics card is the main issue. I am curious if there are any other issues besides this that would impede development on a VM and then transferring to a PC to actually have access to a projector/camera set up.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Direct access to the graphics card is the main problem. There might also be USB issues in a VM, but those would probably be easier to circumvent.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.