Wiki Please – so we can jointly edit and contribute

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Wiki Please – so we can jointly edit and contribute

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GrantWells 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

GrantWells
    Participant

Hi Admin Team – can we please have a wiki – this forum has great information but its spread and buried in posts / cross posts / threads that make it very very difficult to find.

I would much prefer to write content into a wiki so that others can find and improve than rewrite my possibly dodgy advice in individual replies.

thank you in eager anticipa…

rgds
    Grant

David
    Participant

Hey grant,
    i´m not even sure there is a typical admin team for this forum. I was under the impression it´s pretty much just @okreylos in his spare time and perhaps some coworkers.

I think we agree that this wordpress forum is non-ideal but a dedicated server for a wiki seems like a high maintenance solution and externally managed servers are expensive. However, if anyone has experience running servers, particularly wikis, that would certainly be the best solution for knowledge- and file management.
    To solve the issue of not having notifications and generally a relatively low answer rate @ssandford suggested a facebook group. Whilst I agree that more people would answer a lot quicker on facebook that would also mean that these answers, some of which are extremely helpful, can´t be found on google anymore. Also the whole closed environment facebook thing isn’t exactly in the spirit of open source software.
    i think the wordpress forum is an okay solution for now – you can always write a wiki-like article here with pictures and all. If you need to edit it you would have to repost it and delete the old one but considering how much work a wiki would be, i think we can live with the forum.

greetings,
    David

SSandford
    Participant

I not familiar with the wiki form but it sounds like it would be helpful! Our groups keeps running into challenges (sand dust in projector, educational materials for the model, etc) and this has not been the most helpful for getting responses. A collaborate environment where we could add docs, photos, product (project, sand, etc) recommendations and comments, etc would be EXTREMELY helpful. I think there are a lot of folks out there with projectors that might be willing to chip in to make this happen (funding for a platform, person to set it up, etc). Maybe a gofundme site with a description of what you propose and timeline for making it happen? You could email it out to everyone who has added their model to the map.

Just suggestions. Happy to help however I can

GrantWells
    Participant

Its generally about ten clicks to add a wiki to a wordpress site..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.