Will this video card work? NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with 2 GB GDDR3 VRAM

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Will this video card work? NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with 2 GB GDDR3 VRAM

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  liudr 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

liudr
    Participant

Hi,

Great forum! I just installed AR sandbox on an old core-i5 machine with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB. It runs (haven’t got the projector yet so just VR on screen). I’m trying to get a new machine for it so it would be more durable. One machine I would like to buy already has this video card:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with 2 GB GDDR3 VRAM

Will this run the simulation? Thanks.

This is the computer:

http://www.staples.com/Dell-Inspiron-3650-Desktop-Intel-Core-i5-6400-Processor-1TB-Hard-Drive-8GB-RAM-Windows-10-Desktop/product_2056935

Lingthay
    Participant

may be will be slow when in water simulation. ATi Card run in Linux better, i tested many times. Although the NVIDIA Card run in windows better with its DX11, but linux does not support DX11 cause only have openGL engineering.And this program is developed under the openGL 4.2, so no usefully.So here i suggest the ATi Card. It supports open source Video Card driver in linux.

liudr
    Participant

Thanks. I’m using GTX 750 Ti now. At times the system (i3-7100 dual core 3.9GHz max) still reports running out of time. It’s working fine despite of the messages. For my next system, I’ll give i7 a try with a better video card.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.